CodeIgniter is PHP framework to scale small projects to enterprise level. CodeIgniter sign to develop full fledged web applications in easy way. This Framework is introduced by EllisLab.
Difficulty of CodeIgniter is low compared to Laravel. This course is designed for beginners who want to improve their skills on scalable applications. After completing this course you will be able to develop your own large scale applications.
The best part of CodeIgniter is that it is really fast efficient and reliable. Before getting started to it you must have some knowledge of core concepts of PHP. If you are good in that then it will be a chance to have an edge in market.
There are almost 72000 applications which are using codeigniter as officially. Such as A2hosting.com which is a popular host provider is also developed on codeigniter.
Official Website: https://www.codeigniter.com/
There are many features available in this Framework by which it is popular the top on the list is that its open source.
If you are familiar with PHP then it is really easy to get started with CodeIgniter. There are many rich libraries which are provided by CodeIgniter for the smooth development of the application.
CodeIgniter 3 Features:
Here are the features which are available in CodeIgniter 3.
- Full Featured database support
- Database Query Builder Support
- XSS and Security Filtering
- Email & Attachments Supports, HTML/Text email, multiple protocols (Sendmail, SMTP, and Mail)
- Image Manipulation (cropping, resizing, rotating, etc.) Library
- Search-engine Friendly URLs
- Support for Hooks and Class Extensions
- Large library of “helper” functions